We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 problem

eysha1

Likes # 0

How do i get into safemode in windows 8. I am in trouble againa nd starting to hate computers. I installed Microsoft Office and and when trying to use it for the first time the mouse froze totally. all i can do is sign in but nothing else. the apps come up but with no mouse i cannot get anywhere at all. I think it is a problem with Office so was going to uninstall it but cannot get to do that. I have tried F8 but it doesn't seem to work so unless i can get in to delete it i am stuck again. I am on my old, reliable vista, don't care for win 8 so far, lol. Will stay online for replies. Thanks in advance. E.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Couple of pages with help :- PC Advisor article and also :-Microsoft help

though it looks quite likely that you may need your mouse to be able to do it!!

Like this post
eysha1

Likes # 0

Thanks, the mouse won't work at all, it is frozen.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Can you try another mouse?

Perhaps battery mouse problem?

Does mousse work on a different PC?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Like this post
eysha1

Likes # 0

mouse doesn't work at all and don't have another one

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Is you Win8 on a new pc-laptop or desktop, or just installed on an older PC?

A bit more info might help and attract other helpers.

Only other thing I can think of off-hand is to try re-starting the Win8 PC, might get the mouse working again. If necessary, hold down the Start button for 4 seconds or more to switch off PC, then try a normal re-start.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Once logged in can you use the keyboard to navigate? Tab key, arrow keys etc? If not hold the power switch to shut down. Restart and on booting then hold Shift key while tapping F8 after bios has loaded. You might get lucky. Another thought is try another usb port for the mouse. If it's a new Pc you could have the mouse connected to a USB 3 port. Try a USB 2 port.

Like this post
eysha1

Likes # 0

F8 doesn't work for Win 8. However, holding the win button + f gets you into the settings and from there you can type in the search bar. But, i cannot find how to reactive the mouse. I don't want to use voice recognition and i cannot get the keyboard to work for the mouse either. Without a mouse things are difficult. it's a new laptop and restarting didn't work for getting the mouse back. I can get into things via the up/down side buttons but that only works up to a point, some things i cannot get into via the up/down pad. the question is how do i get the mouse to work again nd why did it stop working? I have uninstalled the problem programme but it didn't make a difference.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Have you tried Refreshing your system? How to referesh

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Appreciate that it may be difficult without a mouse.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow