We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Web sites on Ipad since last software update

Newuser939

Likes # 0

Does anyone else find that, at least since the last software update, some web sites do not work properly on an Ipad? For example, if I click on "view one more comment" or similar on Facebook, nothing happens, and that is the case whether I use Safari or Google Chrome. Does anyone know the explanation, please?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

No problem for me. The site that I find poor is PCA.

Like this post
Newuser939

Likes # 0

Woolwell, That makes it more complicated as my daughter and I both have the same problem quite independently on our IPads. As we have both updated the software to version 6.1.2, I assumed that it was to do with that. I am assuming that you are also on version 6.1.2?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Yes on 6.1.2. Is it just the Facebook site? I tend to use the Facebook app.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Just double-checked the Facebook site through Safari and had no problem viewing more comments.

Like this post
Newuser939

Likes # 0

The Facebook app works perfectly for me too, but not through Safari or Google Chrome. As you, Woolwell, seem to have the identical set up to me, I think it is going to have to go into the unsolved mystery category. Thanks for your help, anyway.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Some times when I have a mystery like this I power the iPad down completely, leave for a minute or 2 and then switch it back on.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You could try clearing history in Safari and Chrome cache.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone