We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Have to switch on/off at back to start computer

Retired at last

Likes # 0

When starting in the morning pressing the front button has no effect. I switch off at the back, wait for the LED in the start button to light momentarily, then switch back on. Then when I press the front button the computer starts and runs all day (until it is shut down at about 23:00), without any problems. Any and all advice appreciated.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

PSU's can be purchased fairly cheap on eBay (there's where I get mine from), and if you have no qualms about opening the case and changing the PSU, then its possibly worth a try. Check the wattage, it might be best to upgrade to an higher wattage, price wise would be very little from say 350w to 500w.

I can't go back to the previous page, so I don't know if you have mentioned the operating system you have. I still have a teasing thought that it might be something to do with hibernate before shut-down?.

Like this post
Retired at last

Likes # 0

Yes, it might well be, I just hope it is 350 watts as I just happen to have one spare!!

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Hardware Problem, My guess is faulty Motherboard as when power is switched of using the OS does not cut power to the Motherboard. Cutting power by turning it off allows Caps to drain off power

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

as per woodchip says - when power is switched off using the OS, it does not cut power to the Motherboard

On page 2, I was asking about the Motherboard led light inside, don't Medion pcs have a motherboard light?

Like this post
Retired at last

Likes # 0

I'll take the side off tomorrow and have a look or a light on the motherboard, have to go out tonight so no time just now.

Like this post
Retired at last

Likes # 0

Finally sorted, I took the side panel off and the PSU fan wasn't running. Fitted new PSU, now starts on the front push button first time every time. Thanks for all responses.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September