We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Passwords wont remember login, here or other sites.

Ex plorer
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi Firefox will not remember my logging to this site all be it I only have to type my first initial for my email address and it fills in the rest when I click to infill my email.

The same applies to my bank IB account number, eBay, and many other shopping sites this happened about a month ago any ideas how to over come this.

I have dozen passwords not just one common one for sites and its getting frustrating.

Or may it be a windows glitch.

OS Vista, FF version 19.0.2 (release update Chanel?.)

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

One other thing my Google search settings wont save after reboot.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Have you cleared cookies or are clearing cookies ass you close your browser?

Like this post
Devil Fish

Likes # 0

check you are not using private browsing feature in firefox as this clears all your browsing history and cookies upon closing the browser

look top left of browser is the drop down purple if so then you are in private browsing mode just click on it 2nd tab down stop private browsing to stop this process drop down should return to orange

Like this post  
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Oh boy, in privacy it was set (Never Remember History) set it to Remember History, cookies are fine and not set to delete on shut down.

What a clown I can be at times.

Thanks for your help.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...