We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Anyone using TalkTalk Webmail service?

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

Is any forum member using the Tiscali/TalkTalk Webmail service. If so, are you having any problems with deletion or spam rejection?.

I am not looking for advice about moving to another email service, just information on the above.

Like this post
tech-ultrasonic

Likes # 0

Nope never used it. Is it good? what facilities would it provide?

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

spuds

Just tested and all OK here.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

muddypaws

Thanks for that. Been having problems over the past few days, including an increase in spam. Tried to contact TalkTalk through normal service and support channels, but apparently all contacts are busy?.

Gone to my contact higher up the ladder, so I will not have a response till Monday.

Will tick as resolved.

Like this post  
Housten

Likes # 0

spuds, Good morning,

I have had a tiscali address for, I would say, 10 years, maybe even more. I recently had a problem with spam, and was told "You do not have an account, we can not, will not help you, goodgye". Well that was towards the end of last year, but the last few weeks have been apalling! Today there were 28 in my inbox - all spam. Yesterday, 38!! What really annoys me is that you tick the 'spam' button and not only the emails deleted but the addressees are supposed to be added to a blocked senders list. I must warn you - if the FE will allow me - that this works intermittently at best. The number of times I have ticked particular emails only for them to re-appear times without number just makes you wonder whether tiscali is even interested in providing an email service!! They are truly appalling and I am glad I have another as my main email provider but I will have to keep checking as som many friends have the address and many many firms, all round the world, one has no option but to continue. I wish you the best of luck, but you will proably be told they have had "a small problem" with emails - AGAIN!!!! If they manage to go more than 6 months - absolute maximum - without a fault it is a very major achievement!!!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Housten - I am having the same problems you are having. Even trying to use the Community Forum for help and advice proves to be a non-event, because I am not recognised as holding a TT/Tiscali account, even though TalkTalk provide broadband and telephone, and collect fees for doing this. TalkTalk was suppose to have sorted out this Community Forum contact problem ages ago, but it appears nothing was ever done?.

As I said to muddypaws, I have tried to contact someone higher up in the chain,who I have used before, so hopefully I will see what Monday or next week brings?.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

spuds,

I believe the expre4ssion you are loomking for is one I memorised in school over 50 years ago, although I think it is just as relevant today!!"Once more unto the breache"!!!!!!!!

The very best of luck!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...