We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

EchoLife Home Gateway router settings, please

Graham*

Likes # 0

I have a camera connected via a DVR to the router. A faulty switch in the kitchen tripped the mains whilst everything was switched on.

Since then I have lost access to the camera on my Kindle. The DVR had changed the last digit of its address by one digit, which I corrected. I can view the camera on Internet Explorer but not Firefox, but that's not a problem.

I assume some other setting in the router has changed, but which one? Where should I be looking, please?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Is the router allocating IP addresses? It mat be better to give a fixed address to the camera/dvr so that it doesn't change in the future. Not familiar with your router though. You should be able to view through Firefox.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Thanks. How do I give a fixed address?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Need someone who is familiar with you router to help.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Not sure if its going to help, but have you tried YouTube or perhaps TalkTalk support pages, which as Echolife router advice?.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Nearly there setting a fixed IP. I need the DVR MAC address but I can't find it.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Again not sure if its going to help, but you might get the MAC code via this download Fresh Diagnose from http://www.freshdevices.com

That program can find a wealth of information. including codes.

You will need to register, which is simple, and its free and secure.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

" I need the DVR MAC address but I can't find it."

Most standalone devices like that have the MAC address printed on a sticker somewhere on the unit.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

spuds

Done that, can't find the DVR.

Secret-Squirrel

No sticker.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Don't know if this will help but my router lists the MAC addresses of those devices connected by wifi.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

I agree with Woolwell, the next place to look is your router's DHCP Client List (or equivalent) where it should show all currently connected devices including their MAC addresses.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote