We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Orange/EE

johndrew
Resolved

Likes # 0

or whatever they call themselves now.

Today I have found everything very slow, down to around 3.5KB/s on downloads, with periods where no activity is seen at all. I have tried the usual of restarting the PC and router but nothing appears to help.

Are others suffering this type of problem with this ISP or does anyone have any suggestions as to the cause or remedial measures?

Thanks in anticipation.

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

Have you tried Livebox - factory reset

Bright Box Wireless Router - how to factory reset the router

If problem still there then I suggest you join and post on thinkbroadband.com forums

You will get good advice and the posts are also monitored by an EE employee

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

When I was with Orange (left about 2 years ago) I found that at times they throttled my download speed typically when everyone had just got home from work.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Thanks for coming back.

I'm using a Netgear DSG1000 router wired to both the PC and BT socket and have tried the recommended (by Orange) methods of correcting the problem to no avail.

The speed has been like this all day (since around 10:00 am). Interesting that I had an (unwanted) marketing call from them around mid-day trying to sell their new (expensive) service!!

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

I suggest you phone EE technical help and raise an incident with them. Posting the router stats on the thinkbroadband forum will also help.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Could be a defective filter or internal / external wiring

1. unplug everything (phones, TV boxes etc.) except the modem and retry

2. if still same swap the filter and retry

3. try plugging the modem directly into the test socket behind the Telephone master plate and retry.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Looks as if it was the ISP (DNS server?) as I have been unable to even get a connection to the internet. The lights on the modem which indicate connectivity were unlit as well. Using the W& troubleshooter indicated a 'DNS server may be unavailable'.

I 'phoned my son (he lives counties away from me) to see if he could access the Orange site on his BT connected PC and he managed to only get to the Home page with any other selection on the Orange site giving an 'Error 404' indication.

Although I am now connected I still am unable to access anything on the Orange site although I have received mail and have been able to post this.

Hopefully things will get back to normal(?) now.

Like this post  
johndrew

Likes # 0

W& = W7

New fingers needed!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...