We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

7 inch mini netbook problem

denis93

Likes # 0

my niece go this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290392891299?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649,and she says she cannot get internet explorer working on in,and ideas please?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Has she got any connection at all to the Internet? If not there should be a button/switch somewhere on the netbook for Wi-Fi - check to see if it is turned ON.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Is this it ebay.co.uk 7" Mini Netbook Notebook Laptop WIFI Windows CE 2GB HD

Is she having problems with opening Internet Explorer or is the problem Internet Access - not being able to browse the internet. Is she having problem connecting to Router?

I note it has:

Networking/Data Link Protocol: Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g

Wireless Connection: Wifi

Support WPA(Wifi Protected Access), AES / CCMP & WEP with TKIP securtiy

so her router needs to be able to work in multi mode b, g, and n. Most routers are now n which is the fastest, so might need to go into routers homepage and make sure it is enabled for all three modes.

Like this post
denis93

Likes # 0

yes lotvic that is it,connection keeps dropping,router is already set for the three modes

Like this post
denis93

Likes # 0

when i said that is it,i didnt mean its fixed,i meant that is it in the link above

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Try changing the wifi channel.

If I understand your posts correctly the problem isn't internet explorer but the connection keeps dropping.

Like this post
denis93

Likes # 0

thank you all,got it working on wireless,but it is incredibly slow,takes about 4 minutes to load a web page even when wired to the router,how can i speed it up please,i have virgin 30mb broadband.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I doubt that you can. There is minimal RAM on the machine.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

A thought - What happens with mobile site eg m.bbc.co.uk/news ?

Like this post
denis93

Likes # 0

is that normal on those machines 4 minutes to load a web page,if so why do people buy them,they are only fit for the bin.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I don't know if it is "normal". There is no manufacturer's name and I guess that it originated in China.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good