We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cannot see or access files on NAS

Peter Lanky

Likes # 0

Last week I updated the firmware on my QNAP TS-210 NAS running the latest version of Twonky Media Server. After doing so, I found that as well as my existing music, I also had 5 'samples', which were stored in a folder called 'samples' in QMultimedia. Not wanting these samples, I deleted the folder, but they are still present somewhere on the NAS.

If I check the details on Linn Kinsky software, I am given the path: http://192.168.1.102:9000/disk/DLNA-PNMP3-OP01-FLAGS01700000/O0%241%248I579850.mp3 (192.168.1.102 being my NAS) Yet no amount of searching can find these files, and I don't understand the path. Similarly I have received 2 x 5 second samples from some place called Soundjay.com, and like the other samples, I can't locate them to delete them. The path in this case is: http://192.168.1.102:9000/disk/DLNA-PNMP3-OP01-FLAGS01700000/O0%241%248I579082.mp3 If I copy the paths above into my browser, the sample plays in a Quick Time window, but I can't locate the source.

I can see the files in Windows Media Player, but can't delete them. I cannot see them in any Windows search, in any web browser, or in Mp3Tag. I cannot find them if I open a DOS Window, and look for them there.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

is this any good, In Windows Media Player I can rightclick on a song and the bottom option is 'Open File Location' this opens Windows Explorer and the folder where the song is.

Like this post
Peter Lanky

Likes # 0

It only gives me that option for files on my PC, but not for those on the NAS.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Today's bargains phones, tablets, laptops and more for Black...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers