We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Email Format

Legslip

Likes # 0

How can I send an email that includes text and pictures, that advertises an event so that it looks the same to and is unmodifiable by recipients.

I get loads from companies every day!

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Normally, the contents of the emails you're talking about are all hosted on the web - the body of the email just contains links to the relevant text and images. Do it that way, and no-one can change the contents of your email.

Like this post
Legslip

Likes # 0

Thanks Ian

I don't want to include links to web pages. I just want to send an email so that the text and images are embedded so that it looks the same to all recipients.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Depending on which email client you use - can you create Stationery? I know you can in Outlook Express and base it on a webpage. So my way of thinking is to create a webpage on your pc (in Word maybe?) and then base the new Stationery on that.

The Help file says: quote/ "To create stationery for outgoing messages

You can use the Stationery Wizard to create new looks for your e-mail and newsgroup messages.

On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Compose tab. In the Stationery area, click Create New.

To use stationery you see in a message from someone else, select the message, and then on the File menu, click Save as Stationery.

A stationery file is an HTML file and can be edited in Outlook Express. In a new message window, on the View menu, click Source Edit, and then click the Source tab to make changes.

(Check the size of your stationery inside the Stationery folder at \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery.) " / end quote

I've never done the above but it might be what you are looking for.

Yes I know Outlook Express is dated, but that's what's on this pc I'm using tonight :)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Or maybe you could create/design the whole advert for the event in Word then take a screenshot and save it as a picture, then embed the picture in the email.

That sounds a lot simpler to do, and no one could start altering text that isn't text because it's part of the picture :)

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Create a pdf and send that.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It needs to be sent in html format and not plain text. Which e-mail client are you using?

Like this post
Legslip

Likes # 0

Thanks all for your input. Eventually built it in Word 2007 and saved as web page. Seemed to work!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days