We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Word 2007. Text Flow round objects.

compumac
Resolved

Likes # 0

Wrapping text around an object –Picture, text box, clipart etc. I have a very long text document with inserted tables, pictures and some clipart and text boxes. The text flows round the object to the right, above and below if the object is adjacent to the left margin,and if the object is moved to the right margin the text flows to the left, above and below.

If I move the object to the centre of the text (i.e. away from either margin) the text flows above and below the object but not on either side. I have selected within the Text Wrapping options both “Square” and “Tight”.

Searching the internet has not come up with any solutions to this. . I have done many similar documents in the past without problem albeit not in recent times. I have checked that Word is not corrupted and also checked with another PC with Word installed.

I am sure that the answer is something very obvious (but not to me at this time)

Any thoughts/ suggestions?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

With either square or tight text wrapping is both sides selected?

I find positioning pictures a pain in Word.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Woolwell.

I made the posting and then had to go out. Two minutes away from home I realised the problem was of my own making on my test page. I did not wish to mess around with my original document and cause further hassle, so I had produced a test page page of characters with NO spaces and that caused the problem - With no spaces between characters formatting text AROUND the object it had to insert the object as a vertical insertion. I have just returned and created a page of normal text (with spaces between) and inserted an object and moved it around without a problem.

Conclusion: Think before you jump!! albeit I still have to sort out my original document!!

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad