We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

.Free download enquiy - need to type an essay

Baskerville

Likes # 0

Hi

I have an essay to write for work and do not have the Word package on my computer. Can anyone recommend a free download which is similar to the Microsoft Word package? I will need to e mail the essay to colleagues and also save and print.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you to all who manage to help. Baskerville

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Libre Office is a good free package as is Open Office.

They should both be fine for your purpose.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You will already have one. Wordpad.

You have not said which Windows Op Sys you have, however all of them XP, Vista, W7 have Wordpad which you can save document in .rtf format (rich text format) that can be opened in just about any word program that they have at t'other end that you send to. Certainly opens in Microsoft Office programs.

In XP: Start | All Programs | Accessories | Wordpad

Create a New Document in WordPad for Windows 7

Like this post
howard64

Likes # 0

another good package is Kingsoft Office which is free I downloaded that onto an old pc and it works very well

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded