We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung NC 110 WON'T START UP

eysha1

Likes # 0

Hi, well i have another computer problem. For me they are like busses, either none or all at once - it's the latter for me. Anyway, my little Samsung NC 110, which is hardly used seems to have given up the ghost and it's not old, about a years so still under warranty. I switched it on and it came up with 'start computer recovery' or similar words, cannot recall now. I agreed as it was recommended. after about 50 mins it reported a memory problem with a lot of zeros', an error code. and switched itself off. when i switched it back on later i got only a blank screen. Thinking it might be the memory stick i took my daughter's from her laptop, exactly the same make and model and bought at the same time. No change, still a blank screen, nothing at all. Question, do you think it is unfixable or do you have an idea what the problem is and can it be fixed? If it cannot be fixed and has to go back to the shop will they be able to fix it? I am wondering how to get my personal info off the hard drive before it goes back - is there any way i can do that? I am happy to take it back as i don't want to fiddle with it being under warranty still but i do want my info off it before it goes back so is there a way to do that? Thanks for any help. E.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Will it start in safe mode.

Like this post
eysha1

Likes # 0

It wont start at all, just a blank screen - nothing.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

if you can remove the hard drive, you can put it in a caddy or use a sata connection cable to get your work off it

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

if you can remove the hard drive, you can put it in a caddy or use a sata connection cable to get your work off it

Like this post
eysha1

Likes # 0

I wondered if i could do that but also wondered should i given that it is still under warranty, will doing that loose the warrenty?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

may be best to let it go back to Samsung as its still covered, i have a nc10 netbook running xp never been a problem. what about the recovery cd's

Like this post
eysha1

Likes # 0

It didn't come with recovery disks and i didn't make any. Is there anyway of usb ing it to another computer and getting my ifo from teh harddrive that way?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

what os is it running

Like this post
eysha1

Likes # 0

Windows 7

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Tap f8 as its booting and see if it gets to advance tools menu

select startup repair,

you may have to run it several times,

if still no good boot linux from a usb port and move your data to another usb stick

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015