We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Toolbar changed colour and headings

Sapins
Resolved

Likes # 0

My wife has been using a programme on CD'S, for quite a while, to print Templates and Greetings cards etc; after choosing an item to print out, the toolbar, which comes with the programme, has suddenly disappeared and in its place is a "transparent" Black toolbar with White printed headings and not the same number of headings. The correct toolbar is missing. I have restarted the computer and cleaned up the drive. I have done a Norton scan which only found some tracking cookies which have been deleted. No new programmes, add ons etc; have been installed and the programme worked perfectly up until now. Any help gratefully received as she needs to finish some work on it.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Name of program and OS of computer may help. Program runs purely from CD's?

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

Hi Woolwell,

Sorry, should have said, Programme is Debbi Moore Designs runs from CD's and OS is Windowa 7.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It appears to run from within a browser. Have you changed or updated the default browser?

Details of how to obtain technical assistance

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

Sorry re delay on my first reply, power cut would you believe.

You have hit the nail well and truly on the head, my wife changed from IE to Firefox, er, on my advice! Now changed back to IE and it worked immediately.

Many thanks from us both,

Regards,

Sapins.

Like this post  
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Thanks for the feedback. I use Chrome and Firefox but keep IE as the default because I have one program that throws a "hissy" if any other browser is default.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...