We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Calendar in Hotmail/Outlook.com with Windows XP

RegScriv

Likes # 0

Microsoft have moved from the old Windows Live/Hotmail format to the Outlook.com style. Now in XP I can't find my calendar. Contacts are also hard to find. Can anyone help.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

At the top of the Outlook interface there's a blue horizontal bar. In the far left-hand corner, just to the right of where it says "Outlook", click the little downward-pointing arrow and you'll find the options you're looking for. To get to your contacts you'll need to choose "People".

Like this post
RegScriv

Likes # 0

Thanks for getting back Secret-Squirrel.

There is no downward-pointing arrow to the right of "Outlook", just "New +". It seems that logging into Hotmail just brings up the mail and nothing else.

I have Outlook.com on a Windows 7 computer which does exactly as you describe but cannot get the same user interface up on the XP computer (which is my wife's).

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Outlook.com should look and function the same in all versions of Windows and all browsers. However, I did check on a Windows XP PC, and unsurprisingly, I could access the options missing on your wife's computer.

One tip that frequently helps when one website starts misbehaving is to delete all Temporary Internet files (AKA "Cache") and try again.

If that doesn't help then let us know which web browser your wife's using and its version number.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks