We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dell Inspiron 15 3521 v/s Lenovo G580 (59-324011)

sarthaksia

Likes # 0

Lenovo Essentials G580 (59-324011) 3rd Gen Core i3 3110M 2.4GHz 4 GB DDR3 500 GB HDD 1 GB NVIDIA G610M DOS

OR

Dell Inspiron 15 3521 3rd Gen Core i3 3217 U 1.8GHZ 4 GB DDR3 500 GB HDD 1 GB AMD Radeon 7670M DOS

PLEASE HELP.. URGENT..

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

You have ended your thread shouting Please help...urgent, yet you have not given us anything to go on except two laptops. It would help for instance to know what particular use you would be putting the PC to.

It would seem that the Lenovo has the better CPU. Compare. But the Dell has the better graphics card.

So again I make the point what will the laptops main use be?

Like this post
sarthaksia

Likes # 0

I'll be working on CAD softwares like CATIA, PRO-E, UGX, ANSYS, etc. on a beginner level. I won't play games.

How about Lenovo S-400 with 2nd Gen Core i3 1.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 1 GB (ATI Seymour XT HD7450), 14 inch. Will it be able to handle average work load? According to me, cons of this ultraslim laptop are:- - RAM is upgradable upto 4 GB only. - It has 4 cell battery. - No optical drive. - Screen size is 14 inch.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I really think that 14 inch is too small for your needs plus with those programs I think more RAM is preferable.

Like this post
sarthaksia

Likes # 0

My main concerns are 14" display and battery life.

Like this post
sarthaksia

Likes # 0

According to you, which brand is better? Durability and reliability wise.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The S400's cpu, if it is the i3-2365 at 1.4, isn't as good as the first 2. Do you need what is a very portable laptop. I would go for at least 15" screen.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks