We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cancellation of a Disk Check

flycatcher1

Likes # 0

I have been trying to carry out a Disk Check on my Desk Top. All goes well, a message appears A Disk Check has been scheduled but then a further message appears - The Disk Check has been Cancelled.

Any ideas to fix would be appreciated.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You don't mention which OS you have but take a look here enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You haven't by any chance at anytime "disabled" it in your Windows Registry?

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

northumbria61 Thanks for your posts. I am a Win7 32 Bit. Years ago I was warned Never to touch the Registry - leave it to the experts I was told - so I do.

Will look at your suggestion in the morning.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

It has happened to someone else a few weeks ago and it turned out one of his keys was stuck and was cancelling chkdsk.

Maybe give your keyboard a clean out and look for a stuck key.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Jock1e Thanks for idea made no difference but at least it made me given my ancient keyboard a good spring clean.

Northumbria61 The Registry is OK and I am still looking into your suggestions.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

northumbria61 Your link provided the solution to my problem. I had to get a friend to carry out the process but all is well. Thank You your prompt help is much appreciated.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert