We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Opera mini or mobile question please!

gazmix

Likes # 0

So i hear that Opera is the best mobile browser as it supports javascript as i haven't been able to view any tubes/streams.

I go to m.opera.com & it detects that my phone is Sony Ericsson W995 & offers me a download! Not sure which one, mini or mobile!

I download it, then it says that the file is too big for my phone! & proceeds to delete my saved pictures & corrupts the other apps i downloaded!

Whats that all about please!

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

Anyone please, i mean this is a help forum & i'm sure of the 29 viewers of this post, someone would have an idea! ?

Unless i'm not allowed, as i posted elsewhere once lol

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You have an old phone with little internal memory which is why it says that the file is too big. You will need to add a memory card for photos, apps, etc.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

According to the Opera site it will be Opera Mini.

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

Yeh, when i go to m.opera.com it recognizes my phone & offers me a download & yet the download it offers me seems too big, even though its for that phone! Did you see it as version 7.1?

All i'm really after is javascript as my current phones browser doesn't support it & i can't watch film. Youtube works but not other clips!

Maybe there is a smaller javascript download?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

There will not be a smaller download. Try adding a memory card. How much room do you have left in your internal memory? Have you loaded many apps, taken photos, etc?

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

I've not transferred my photo's over from other phone yet, so there's about 3 on there. I've just downloaded the 1 facebook app!

There is 1914MB of card memory & 76MB of phone memory!

Thats what confused me, the mini version of Opera is only 700 or so KB isn't it!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The Opera download is quite small. But it is clearly having problems. I'm not familiar with the W995. But power it down (switch off completely), turn it on, browse to the mobile site for Opera and try again.

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

ok, i will attempt this a little later when i am back in the city & have good internet phone connection.

when i tried it yesterday, internet kept crashing & restarting, although the issue i had was after it downloaded, it attempted to install & then it said 'operation failed'

does this browser support javascript?

nothing seems to play on default browser!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Samsung's best ever smartphones...

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review and the mystery of the processor benchmarks