We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Outlook.com on Windows 8 RT

Likes # 0

I have a lovely Levono on Windows 8 RT. Its link to email is Hotmail, and I understand that Outlook Express is not compatible with W8RT. However, I had an email into my inbox asking me to upgrade to Outlook.com, which I did, and my Lenovo showed me outlook.com working on this Levono. Now however, I cannot get back to viewing outlook.com and the Hotmail account just isn't enough for me without the ability to keep and move emails. I would like someone to explain to me in simple terms how I can get Outlook.com as the default email program from the home page of my Levono. Many thanks.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Charms bar.Search. Default programs.And choose whichever mail program you want as default.

Or save this to your favorites and sign in from there.

Outlook.com">https://mail.live.com/?owa=1&owasuffix=owa%252f&id=64855&snsc=1&cbcxt=mail">Outlook.com

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Forget saving that it never comes out.Just type outlook.com and add your username and password.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Oops sorry ignore that not sure about a Lenovo. .

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

This was posted in Windows 8 helproom by Secret-Squirrel February 17, 2013 at 5:11PM in response to someone else wanting same ClickHere for original thread

"If you're looking for the desktop e-mail client that's the replacement for Vista's Windows Mail (and Outlook Express) then "Windows Live Mail" is what you need and you can find it here. You can also import your old messages and contacts if you wish"

AFAIK you need to be in Desktop View to use and not in Metro

Here is a sign">https://snt002.mail.live.com/default.aspx?owa=1&owasuffix=owa%25252f&id=64855&snsc=1&cbcxt=mail&rru=inbox&lc=2057&id=64855&mkt=en-gb&cbcxt=mai">sign in link for the online webmail Outlook.com (hotmail) that works for me. Jock1e's link works as well once you paste into notepad and edit text so you are left with this link

If you want the Metro W8 here is pca's article about it http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3360933/how-set-up-email-in-windows-8/

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Jock1e lol at me, I messed up my link, but got yours to 'take' oh the joys of forum life :D

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

" I had an email into my inbox asking me to upgrade to Outlook.com, which I did, and my Lenovo showed me outlook.com working on this Levono. Now however, I cannot get back to viewing outlook.com "

Outlook.com is simply the web address of the new-look Hotmail interface which can only be accessed via a web browser. It's not a program. To go back to it, tap the Internet Explorer icon on your Start screen, type "outlook.com" into its Address Bar at the bottom and go to the location.

Because you're running RT, you won't be able to install the desktop application called "Windows Live Mail" which is the replacement for Outlook Express.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Thanks to Secret-Squirrel's post which made me think again - I googled and I have now found out that Windows RT is completely different to Windows 8 and they are two separate operating systems. Windows RT more info

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Stop running out of cellular data on your iPhone, see which apps use the most data