We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Share this with PCA waiting for

Jock1e

Likes # 0

Taking a fairly long time loading pages using Firefox and noticed that Share This was one of a bundle waiting to load.

Checked my Ad Muncher and found this.

Click Here

Now not sure if it is the one that runs when you change pages on pca or not but ad muncher keeps blocking it.

Am I on the wrong track and is this one different

Always on the bottom left of Firefox when changing pages and you get waiting for.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

No problem here with Firefox.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

It is actually ad muncher that is stopping it and opened scource URL.s on browser brought up the WOT problem.

This directly from ad muncher.And yes we know WOT is not the greatest but it makes you think.

Default filter match - Block retrieval of URL: .sharethis.com/pview? [http://l.sharethis.com/pview?event=pview&fpc=b9f63e9-13d30c33e59-1eb693b8-1&sessionID=1362322734682.92657&hostname=www.pcadvisor.co.uk&location=/forums/1/helproom/&publisher=03837ff7-1cac-4774-9c70-e66bb79e7f0f&shareHash=sthash.cGhW1UCr&incomingHash=&refDomain=&refQuery=&url=http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom/&sharURL=&source=share4x&title=Tech%20Helproom%20Forum%20|%20Free%20tech%20support%20|%20Solve%20PC%20problems%20-%20PC%20Advisor&ts1362322734685.0=]

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

tullie

What version of Firefox are you using.

For some reason I have version 19.01 on W/8 and can only get 19.00 version on W/7.

Maybe I have the wrong version.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Create a custom filter for, h t t p : / / *.sharethis.com/ (put a star (wild card) at this end, can't show it on pca as it would have turned text inbetween stars into italics) also omit the spaces I have put in to stop pca turning it into a link. Experiment - Create custom filters for any others holding page up, you can always turn them back on if you decide you want them back.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Create the filter in your Ad blocker, Ad Muncher in your case, (AdblockPlus for mine)

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Thanks Lotvic will try that.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

I have version 19.00 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

tullie

That's what I have on W/7 not sure where I got the 19.01 version for W/8.

Thanks for getting back to me on that.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...