We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Issue with netbook displaying images/logos and graphics

aca

Likes # 0

My daughter has an HP Mini 210 with Windows 7 Starter. Having the following problems:

In browsers- IE & FF most graphics/pics wont show.For example google is just text. In windows dialogue boxes/windows lack graphics/colours In Publisher logo/pic will only display properly in print preview (no fill colour)

I have tried: Disabling McAfee firewall/anti-virus Changing screen resolution Updated graphics driver

Very frustrating! Thanks in advance for advice.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

open IE then go to Tools>Internet Options>Advanced Tab> Click 'Reset'

This should rest the default settings in IE and may help with the others.

Like this post
aca

Likes # 0

Thanks, tried and still the same. Seems strange that it is happening on windows as well as browsers.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

This sounds like it may be some kind of power saving feature, I ham using a Samsung nc10 Netbook to write this post and get all colours. Only thing it lacks is with it being a 10ins wide screen some software will not work right as it cuts off the bottom of the Program Page that's been loaded

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

am not ham

Like this post
aca

Likes # 0

ok thanks will have a look at that.

Like this post
aca

Likes # 0

put on "performance plan" ie full power usage and no change

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Is just in the Browser that you are getting the Problem and what Browser are you using

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

In FF or IE make sure it is set to show Pictures in Options for Browser

Like this post
aca

Likes # 0

Y both set to show pics.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Has the netbook ever shown graphics correctly?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers