We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

NIS2013 + Winpatrol etc in IE9, Can they be used in Google Chrome?

compumac

Likes # 0

Having a bad week this week making concentration difficult. Bit of a stick in the mud – I have been using Internet Explorer for a lifetime and when accessing PCAdvisor Help forum it takes quite some time when opening any postings. I tried Google Chrome this afternoon having never used it before, PCAdvisor forum opened far quicker and seemingly also with other websites. I will probably look further into Google Chrome but would pose a question before following that tack. . I have various protective programmes – WinPatrol, NIS 2013, Rapport and similar installed and function OK when in IE9 – How about functionality of these in association with Google Chrome?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Should be no problem especially NIS.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Woolwell.

Thanks for prompt response. As I said I am lacking concentration this week - I did expect that those programmes would still function under another web browser but thinking too hard is not on my agenda today.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

NIS works with my chrome browser, but you have to go to chrome settings, then extensions and place a tick in "enable" and "access to URL's" for the norton vault to work.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Don't know about NIS but both WinPatrol and Rapport work with Chrome, and also with Firefox and Opera

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

You have been having a few problems lately and I noticed that you had Rapport on your list of security programs.

Have you tried deleting it and if no difference reinstalling it again.

Years ago it used to cause a lot of problems for some users not sure if it still has the same problems.

A bit like W/8 most have no problems others have problems with it.Rapport is much the same.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...