We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unkown Belkin connector??

Housten

Likes # 0

Good Afternoon,

I am trying to sort out what cables, pen drives, external hard drives I have and which of them I can use or are worth still using. Whilst I still have a Kodak EasyShare DX 6440 camera I do not use it. BUT supplied with it was a Belkin cable, 6 feet long, with a standard USB connector at one end and a totally different one at the other, with both connectors appearing to be gold coloured. The connector I do not know has what appears to be a plastic block with what looks like a piece of aluminium wrapped round it with a projection sticking out from it, about 7mm long. This is about 4mm x 3mm, with the two short sides having a bit cut-off in adjacent corners so it is impossible to connect the wrong way.It has what appear to be 4 pins - or it could be 5 - extending from the plastic block to the halfway point of the length, and I think this is a male connector. What I would really like is a block where one side is a standard USB connector with a female ( ??? ) connector on the other side. Failing that I would wish to have a 6" - or so - long cable with the same sort of connectors. Does anyone know a) what my cable actually is, b) know what the connector is, c) if a block or connector is made as I mention above, and d) if they are made, by whom?

Any information, help and advice would be very gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

bumpkin,

I apologise if I offended you, it was not meant as a criticism of you. I know many of my friends use ebay, but I will not. Its just the way I am, or, as my wife says, I hold grudges for far longer than anyone should or anyone she knows. It harks back to my reaction to the way I was brought up, and was not meant as any reflection on you.

Chronos the 2nd

Yes, it may seem like that, but as I already have quite a few USB leads of varios sorts that more than match my current needs and, as I understand it, Belkin's are a good make I thought I would try to use it! With enough of them, I don't think with all the problems I am having at the moment, the waste of all your time together with the trouble you have all taken for me, it is not really worth all the effort everyone has, quite obviously, put in. For this I am extremely grateful, but I just feel, enough is enough. I am sorry if this offends you, but that is the way I feel.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...