We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unkown Belkin connector??

Housten

Likes # 0

Good Afternoon,

I am trying to sort out what cables, pen drives, external hard drives I have and which of them I can use or are worth still using. Whilst I still have a Kodak EasyShare DX 6440 camera I do not use it. BUT supplied with it was a Belkin cable, 6 feet long, with a standard USB connector at one end and a totally different one at the other, with both connectors appearing to be gold coloured. The connector I do not know has what appears to be a plastic block with what looks like a piece of aluminium wrapped round it with a projection sticking out from it, about 7mm long. This is about 4mm x 3mm, with the two short sides having a bit cut-off in adjacent corners so it is impossible to connect the wrong way.It has what appear to be 4 pins - or it could be 5 - extending from the plastic block to the halfway point of the length, and I think this is a male connector. What I would really like is a block where one side is a standard USB connector with a female ( ??? ) connector on the other side. Failing that I would wish to have a 6" - or so - long cable with the same sort of connectors. Does anyone know a) what my cable actually is, b) know what the connector is, c) if a block or connector is made as I mention above, and d) if they are made, by whom?

Any information, help and advice would be very gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Can you not post a picture? Could it be Esata.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

Good afternoon, Chronos the 2nd,

Yes, I could take a picture of the connector, but being a) a very, very old fashioned fart and b) brain dead, I have not got a clue how I could post it on the site!!! What I will say is that I have had a look at the link you posted and it is nothing like any of the images on your link.

Many thanks for your time and trouble.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Surely its the cable to connect the camera to a USB port on your PC like this?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I use this site to upload my pictures. Photobucket. Create an account upload your image/s then click on an image you will see a box on the right entitled Image Links all you need to do is copy what's in the Direct Link box and paste it here.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

Good afternoon,

Fruit Bat /\0/\,

The first image was not that of a DX6440, but when I got that one up the image was identical. Interestingly the image and my cable are different!!, so I am going to follow Chronos the 2nd's advice and try and post some images to the site. I will try posting tomorrow morning as it will take some time to photograph and get them on to his suggested web site!! [ This always supposes that I can load the photos in the first place!!! ]

Many thaks for all your help, I will let you know when they are ready!!!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

What you seem to be describing is the cable that came with the camera to connect to your pc. One end will be the standard USB (which you recognise) to connect to the PC and the other end is a mini USB port which connects to your camera. If you still have the camera then you can try connecting the cable to it. If you do a internet search for images of mini usb connectors then you should see a picture of the end of the cable that has you puzzled.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

Well Chronos the 2nd that went better than I expected!! The address - and I hope this works for you - is "http://s1296.beta.photobucket.com/user/Ron1330/library/RON-PC#/user/Ron1330/library/RON-PC?&_suid=136224681143809293625786306492"

I look forward to your - hopefully - details of the connector.

Woolwell, I have looked on the web, and that has left me completely confused which is why I am asking for help.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Having looked at the camera manual I think that it is a USB B plug.

Gizmodo guide to cables

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

Good afternoon,Chronos the 2nd

Well I thought it was to good to be true!! Anyway I have managed to 'copy' two of my photos addresses. When I put them into my address bar I got them listed. Wheteher it will work for anyone else I don't know, but I do not know of any other method, but I must admit I haven't tried copying directly on to the forum, but I do not believe that is allowed!

Anyone with any idea will be warmly welcomed.

http://s1296.beta.photobucket.com/user/Ron1330/media/RON-PC/IMG1701zps8e9b86eb.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://s1296.beta.photobucket.com/user/Ron1330/media/RON-PC/IMG1695zps3cd5bf5f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Woolwell,

I looked at the listed site and I do not see the connector. There are a couple that are similar, but are not what I am looking for!

Many thanks for every ones time and trouble.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Are you Ron1330 on Photobucket,if so I get the error message that image has been deleted.

Ron1330

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes