We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Press the button ...

Graham*

Likes # 0

... on your smoke alarm reminder

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

New program no security clearance.Anyone pressed the button yet.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

New program no security clearance.Anyone pressed the button yet.

What???????

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Always wary about programs like this although it says it is from the fire service you also get ones that are supposed to be from your bank.

So I like to get conformation before trying said programs just to be in the safe side.

Hence anyone pressed the button yet.Maybe I am just a bit to careful.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

I have had it for 3 months, it's quite safe.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Thanks Graham*.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Its not a program,its a reminder to test your smoke detector.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Alternative: I just press this button to check everything is alright. Avast clearance is Safe site and WOT score is excellent.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Don't need to press the button on my smoke alarm as the slightest hint of burnt toast sets it off on a regularly.

However the Carbon Monoxide alarm is a different matter and needs checking on a regular basis. Don't forget if your CO alarm keeps beeping it has probably come to the end of its 5 year life and needs replacing. They are much cheaper now than they used to be and can be replaced for around £15-£20. A friend of mine was grateful for her's recently, when it alerted her to a fault with her boiler, and probably saved hers and her family's lives.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I have a helpful man from the Fire Station that comes and checks mine every so often, he came when we moved and transferred one that also has wifi to a flashing light and a gizmo that goes under pillow and shakes you awake.

The one in the lounge talks as well, it does both carbon monoxide and fire alarms. It flashes light, sounds the alarm then shouts at you, keeps on doing each in turn until you switch it off. Rather fun when test button is pressed :)

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Even more fun when you have no one to talk to, I will need to get one of those. Also need to have one of those gizmos that vibrates your pillow or vibrates something as that sound fun. time for one of my pills methinks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote