We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to change primary google email address on google

Gunnercharlie

Likes # 0

I have installed google talk on my work computors. Our work email on our pc's have another email provider. When I registered as a google email, the system was hijacked by google and the settings are now using myself @ google as the primary address. Basically, I wish to reinstate my boss as primary address as I am now showing as primary email. It's very complicated and I can't work it out. I'd appreciate any help? Thanks, Charlie

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Checked in control panel then default programs?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Not sure I understand properly your problem, but doesn't each person have to sign in on their pc and then add friends to chat to on the instant messaging google talk?

what happens if you sign out of google talk and your boss signs in with his google email or username?

Also: is it installed for 'All Users' on the pcs? - or does each pc only have one user account?

Can you explain in more detail what you mean by: "the system was hijacked by google and the settings are now using myself @ google as the primary address"

What settings are these? and in what way has google 'hijacked' the system? What does the system consist of?

If you could tell us how it was before and want again for the email, (email client used etc) it would help as we can't guess...

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Not sure what happened there, the first 3 little paragraphs weren't meant to post - they were just my befuddled musings that I thought I'd deleted - oh well never mind at least they do relate to this thread even tho' not the email problem.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...