We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Changing screen resolution within a specific internet window - how to change it back

adeuchar

Likes # 0

Hi. I recently got a windows 8 Lenovo laptop, and I've managed to change the resolution to TINY in two open chrome and IE tabs - one for yahoo mail and the other for amazon, somehow hitting some keys in combination that changed it only for that window and no other. Now i have no idea how to change it back to a readable size. can anyone help?

(my general screen resolution has not changed)

thank you.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Press Crtl then use scroll key on mouse

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

In IE right click anywhere at the top (blue blank space) and tick the status bar. At the bottom of the page the status bar will show the zoom in percentage. Click the down arrow near it and select the zoom value. You can also select a custom value. It will be in Chrome's 'tool' section as well but I don't use that particular browser.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Only do it on the pages that have been zoom diminished.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

if you just want full screen, press F11

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Control and + increases font size in a window, control and - makes it smaller.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

The OP stated it's for a particular page on a tab on the browsers. General zoom would zoom all pages.

Like this post
adeuchar

Likes # 0

THank you everyone for the suggestions. I just sorted it out with control + - thank goodness!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Nice one Ian in Northampton. Glad you're sorted.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Thanks rdav13. Go me... ;-)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote