We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Test Your PC's Security From The Outside

Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Might be of interest.Gizmo's.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

hiwatt: yep, that's good.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

muddypaws

Due to a medical condition I am in the land of nod shortly after 8 PM so obviously awake rather early. I wish I could say it was because I was out partying till the wee hours, but alas those days are long gone.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Ah, but the memories linger.. :)

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Ah, but the memories linger.. :)

Memories of what? :D

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Darn it, I thought you knew. Now who am I going to ask to tell me stories about what I got up to?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I'm going ask the nice man in the white coat the next time he loosens my straight jacket.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

see my post of Yesterday at 5:27PM

Like this post
N47.

Likes # 0

The readings I get are

Your Internet port 139 does not appear to exist! One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE! Standard Internet behavior requires port connection attempts to be answered with a success or refusal response. Therefore, only an attempt to connect to a nonexistent computer results in no response of either kind. But YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities. A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.

and

Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer. All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet.

So all seems to be OK.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow