We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Having problem with my Humax freesat box.......

Arenax

Likes # 0

.......a programme is recording everyday, filling up my recording time. I have tried to cancel it but it won't allow me to delete or cancel . Can you help?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Did it show on 'schedule' before? maybe you have cancelled it without realising how.

Suggest you delete all the recorded ones (post back if you need a 'howto') and then see if it still does them. I presume it must be or have been set to record the series so they will be in a folder, so delete the folder.

"when I enter the 0000 code it doesn't help" what is that about?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

You could always try a Factory Re-set which will remove all your scheduled recordings and mean a re-tune to scan for channels but you will keep all the programmes that you have recorded previously.

Either look in the manual at page 54 or do the following -

Press the Menu button

Select Setup using the up down arrows and press OK

Select Factory Reset using the up down arrows and press OK

Select Yes and press the OK button to restore all the settings to factory default. To return to the previous menu select No and press OK

Enter 0000 the default password to proceed with the Factory Reset

When the factory reset is completed the product will restart and the First Time installation will appear on the screen.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

chub_tor, seems a bit drastic - won't he lose all the recordings with a Factory Reset.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

ponytail Go to menu then record then recording schedule then press the botom red button whichn will give you the option to cancell reservation press ok

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

lotvic no he won't lose his recordings unless he Formats the drive and that is not part of the Factory Reset procedure. He will lose all his schedule of recordings and all his TV channels and will have to do a re-scan for his post code just like when it was purchased.

ponytail I don't think that procedure will work for the Freesat box

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Arenax do you have trouble when you press the text button or the red button I can press them for ages before I get any response

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer