We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Having problem with my Humax freesat box.......

Arenax

Likes # 0

.......a programme is recording everyday, filling up my recording time. I have tried to cancel it but it won't allow me to delete or cancel . Can you help?

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Suggest switching it off at the mains and leaving it for several minutes. Then switch on and try again.

Like this post
Arenax

Likes # 0

Thank you Alan I have tried that. I now have loads of episodes of Pointless, which appears to record every night (while we watch it)

I must have commanded to record them all but can't ** cancel them !

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Click on the guide find the program that is recording and press OK -you should be given the chance to cancel the recording.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Try this, On Remote press: Guide | All Channels | press Yellow button for Schedule | highlight/select the program from the list | press OK to put tick in it's box| press OPT+ to delete

note: it is normal to have a blank entry consisting of _ and / 's so leave that one alone

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If its anything like my Humax you need to click on Menu then record then recording schedule remove the ones you do not want

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

On the Humax Freesat remote control the second button up from the bottom on the left hand side is marked Schedule. All you need to do is to press that and it will bring up your recording schedule. Scroll up or down to the recording you want to stop and press OPT+ as lotvic says. If you want to delete more than one recording then also do as lotvic says and put a tick in each box then press OPT+

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

chub_tor, thanks for that. I'd never noticed the second button up from bottom on left hand side marked Schedule (duh me). Certainly is quicker way to access than I've been doing it :)

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

lotvic I'm not sure how I originally found it - certainly not by looking at the instruction book - but with my box if I just click on Guide the sound goes while the programmes are being updated and it takes several minutes before it comes back, but if I click on Schedule and then the Red button I get the programme guide up and running with sound and it seems easier to glide through the day's programmes.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

chub_tor Duly noted, will go and play with other buttons as well, prob a few 'shortcuts' we weren't aware of, thanks.

Hope Arenax will be posting to say how it's working for him/her.

Like this post
Arenax

Likes # 0

Hi helpers tried your suggestions. The problem is it doesn't show on my 'schedule' and when I enter the 0000 code it doesn't help.

Thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Stop running out of cellular data on your iPhone, see which apps use the most data