We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TV on Tablets

kram77
Resolved

Likes # 0

I want to be able to watch downloaded TV programmes on BBc IPlayer and maybe SkyGo when I'm at the gym. Can I do this on a 7" tablet and if so which ones....

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Not sure of others, but on the iPad you can download Apps for BBC iPlayer, ITV and 4oD. Unless the tablet has a SIM card and you sign up for roving, you need to be in a wi fi hotspot to view programmes.I think other tablets have a similar facility, but look up the tech spec of the one you want. You can buy adapter leads (HDMI) to connect to a HDMI endowed TV to view in full screen.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

kram77

I have the app 'TV Catchup' from Google Play on my N7.

There are a load of stations you can watch more or less live, but don't think you can go back in time like iplayer..

iPlayer obviously needs wifi and the dearer N7s have 3G. I can watch it over my home wifi.

With TV Catchup I found I had to switch off my adblocker for it to work.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I don't think there is an App. for Sky-Go.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 1

There is an app for Sky Go but you need to check which Android devices are supported. Sky Go supported devices.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 1

I had Sky Go on My Galaxy Tab 10.1 and it functioned OK, but became an expensive luxury - I mean Sky Go

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow