We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Having problem setting up email on my nexus 7

mickyrod

Likes # 0

58 year old guy needs help in setting up my nexus!

I have a supanet account and I am trying to set up email on my new nexus. I can put in the incoming mail info ok. But when I put in the outgoing info I get this message "Couldn't open connection to server"

Help please!!!!!

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

mickyrod

There is another thread here and I also get the same error.

enter link description here

Like this post
mickyrod

Likes # 0

thanks muddypaws. I have a feeling it might have something to do with the smtp port. On my PC i have it set at 25 and it all works ok. However if I try to put 25 in on the nexus it says Authentication methods aren't supported by server!

I am totaly out of ideas.

I have spent the last three hours going round in circles and still have no email.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

And another thread if you haven't seen it here

Haven't tried these settings yet.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Pending a solution I have put Tiscali web mail into my favoutites and work from that, but am using gmail more since I got the N7

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Have you tried Port 587 for smtp, it seems to be an alternative from some other threads that I have read.

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

mickyrod - is your broadband with supanet as well? If not who is your broadband with?

Like this post
HenryF75

Likes # 0

I had a similar problem with a Kyros android tablet and g mail. It was solved by putting an 'm' in place of the smtp i.e m.google.com for the server address inG mail. It may be worth trying something similar for supanet

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features