We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My new tablet will not connect to the internet

andy63walsh

Likes # 0

I just can't get on the net. I can see my router and connect with the password, but still won't go on the net. Mind you when I log into the router with my p.c. it does not show it as connected!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I had similar problem but it was typing in the WPA key. Kept getting it wrong until I allowed it to show what I was typing! The onscreen keyboard a bit sensitive and very easy to make a mistake.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

The network icon on the bottom right corner of your tablet you should be able to click on and see your wireless network and surrounding networks (ie: neighbours) in that list. You should then be able to click on your Router in that list, then settings to see Status,signal strength, link speed, security, I.P. address. You should get the option to "forget". Then clicking on it again the option to put in your details - the Wireless Network Name and the Wireless Key. **Note some tablets ask for a password which is confusing as people tend to think this is the router password, it is the Wireless Key that is required. I just hope I am not stating the obvious here.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

May to too obvious but is Wi-Fi turned on in your settings on your tablet?

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Try this, standing alongside your router click on the tablet your SSID then click connect then click the WPS button on the Router, should then connect (if as northumbria61 says as long as your WIFI is switched on on the tablet)

If not go into you router and change the setting to B,G & N if it not already like that and give it a try, might only be set to N only some tablets do not connect at that.

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

called the useless indian call centre about the router, had to update the router with new software download, still no good, i have to call them back Monday with my laptop and change some settings, bet the whole lot goes wrong now !!

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

got to the Indian call centre, after explaining 5 times it is not a problem with the laptop or p.c.!!!! AHHHHH. Eventually got to a third helper, got me to change the name I use on the router and put a new password, hey presto, tablet works, but now my cannon pixma MP495 won't work through router, "not our problem" thanks for that mr B**y Belkin. Contact cannon, unbelievable useless idiots! Now, does any one know how to connect the cannon printer?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

WPS button on router and canon printer?

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

the button on router does nothing now, don't think it ever did, but printer defo worked fin, can't see one on cannon, they give you software called cannon IJ tool, does nothing either

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You need to enter the LED controls on your printer and reset the wifi. Details are in the manual for the printer which is available for download from Canon SupportMP495

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

i pressed the maintenance (pliers and screwdriver) button about 16 times until a lower case t appeared then pressed the Black left hand button, it turns off the wifi, then all i have to do is load the disc again and go from there according to cannon

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow