We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firewall Blocks a Page in Firefox, but not Chrome

thegreypanther

Likes # 0

I have a page on the "Times" website which I used to regularly access using Firefox, but which I now can't get on to. The message which eventually appears tells me that a firewall may be blocking access to this page.

I can access other pages on the "Times" website, and I can access this particular page (Puzzles) using Chrome.

Is it possible for a firewall to block access to a particular page in a particular browser, and, if so, how can I unblock this?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I doubt that a firewall is blocking a specific page in one browser only.

Suggest that you clear your cache/browsing history in Firefox and try again.

Like this post
thegreypanther

Likes # 0

Woolwell

Many thanks, - your suggestion is spot on! Really grateful.

Curious, though, that the "Times" website suggests that the firewall may be to blame.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Some crosswords in newspapers on line require the use of java and as a result of recent scares a lot of people have disabled theirs - Firefox itself disabled it in their browser for a while.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You can get a "duff" page and clearing it sometimes helps.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Update for Firefox today.19.01 maybe see if that helps.

Like this post
MuDelta

Likes # 0

thegreypanther

Surely your problem is solved; if so mark it as such. I had a similar problem and it was the firewall! I changed firewall and all was OK.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...