We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Why I don't listen the audio...?

Antonio Machado

Likes # 0

Hello experts !

All of a sudden my computer has no audio... I don't listen the audio at all...

I have double checked all the connections and are tight, I guess the problem has something to do with software... Windows 7 perhaps ? do I need to reset something somewhere ?

When I click on the icon "Audio" at the taskbar and then "Open Mixer" they appear the volume green color bars moving so it is receiving the signal...

Any suggestion ? any idea ?

Thank you very much in advance, best greetings from New York,

Antonio Machado.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Just check that the Speakers are plugged into the mains and turned on!

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

On the right side of the task bar there is a speaker icon. Click on it and check that the volume is turned up.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Is this a laptop or a desktop with external speakers?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Check its not muted.

Look in device manager to see if any Red or yellow marks against the audio drivers.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

I don't listen the audio at all... so why does it matter if it does not work.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Check in playback devices that the speakers are set to default. Right click the icon (bottom right of screen) and select playback devices. Click the speakers used then select 'set as default'.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Have you tried Earphones?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Have you tried Earphones?

Like this post
Simsy

Likes # 0

bumpkin...

I suspect from the original poster's name, and the slightly wonky grammar, that English is not his first language...

I assume that "I don't listen the audio at all..." really means "I don't hear the audio at all..."

To a non native speaker of the language "listen" and "hear" have very similar meanings!

Not that I can help any further with this!

Regards all,

Simsy

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

I knew what he meant, just my weird sense of humour:-)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED