We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Justifying Word Text

Duncanf
Resolved

Likes # 0

I'm typing a magazine in Word 2003 (Windows 7) and experiencing a problem when trying to justify the text. Every line in the paragraph justifies perfectly but the last line is sometimes only two words which are stretched across the whole page. I've tried to highlight every line except the last one but it still gets stretched out. How can I prevent this last line problem? Thanks as always for an anticipated solution!

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

If you highlight the last line only, and left justify it, does that overcome the problem?

Like this post
Duncanf

Likes # 0

Thanks for reply onthelimit1. Afraid it doesn't help as it still extends the letters even though highlighted left justification.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

It you use the 'Enter' key after your full stop at the end of the line that should do it.

Like this post
Duncanf

Likes # 0

Thanks to you both for quick replies. The 'Enter' key option has worked perfectly. Again thanks to both.

Like this post  
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The enter key gives a new paragraph but instead you may want to try shift & enter together.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks