We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

unable to complete flight booking

MOLITTLE

Likes # 0

Over the past few days I have been trying to book a flight on Ryanair. I answer the questions for travel insce, priority boarding, flight transfers etc etc) but then a new seperate Hertz car hire screen appears and the only option shown is CONTINUE. When I select this (for a brief second the booking page flashes on the screen but totally disappears when a Hertz car hire page is shown instead and the following message is displayed:

Sorry, we couldn't find https://3973597.doubleclick.fls.net/activityi%3Bsrc%3D3973597%3Btype%3Dbooki070%3Bcat%3Dpayme279%3Bord%3D1%3Bnum%3D6873581413277.972.

Also as info at the bottom of the screen a seperate page is sitting there for Ryanair Hotels but even if you wanted to select a hotel there is no option available on it. I don't know how it all works but it looks like something is missing somewhere as it doesn't flow. I am on Windows XP and I am using Internet Explorer 8. Any help would be appreciated.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Can you not simply close the first Hertz page when it appears - in other words, does it open in a new tab, or does it replace the Ryanair booking page?

Like this post
MOLITTLE

Likes # 0

When I close the Hertz page I am taken totally out of Ryanair booking and would have to start again when exactly the same thing happens.Also as info at the bottom of the Hertz page where all the car details are shown it has a Yellow CONTINUE box but underneath that in small blue letters is written next payment(which is where I want to go to make the payment for the flight) but if you glide over it or press it nothing happens it is only the CONTINUE button that is operational. As I said for a split second I do see the normal payment screen flash when I press continue prior to the Hertz page as if this wipes it out. I hope this makes sense to you.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I have just configured a booking on the Ryanair site, and was able to click right through to the flight payment page. The Hertz car rental page did appear, but when I clicked the 'continue' button it closed, and I had the Ryanair payment page.

Which browser are you using?

Like this post
MOLITTLE

Likes # 0

Thank you for your reply. I have just tried again and when I clicked continue the error is still happening. I am using Internet Explorer 8 and my PC is Windows XP.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

IE 8 is now old. Download Firefox and try from that browser.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

The double click bit on it would have put me off.Maybe try another site for booking.

Firefox throws a wobbly at that site and will not open it.

I think you are probably opening or trying to open a bad site.

Can you copy and paste the site that you are attempting to use on here so that we can try it out.

From Firefox. Firefox can't find the server at 3973597.doubleclick.fls.net.

Maybe give MalwareBytes a run and see if it finds any problems.

Not sure if you are being redirected to a bad site.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I take it this is the site that you use.

http://www.ryanair.com/en

I would give your security programs a run especially MalwareBytes if you have it.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Isn't doubleclick Googles cookie setter to feed you "relevent"???? adverts. It is usually harmless and is easily removed by any cookie cleaner/malware application.

Like this post
MOLITTLE

Likes # 0

Thank you all so much for your information. I tried it a few mins ago in order to check the site detail etc and it worked so they must have sorted the problem and I have successfully booked my flight. Many thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...