We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Registry Clean

newilliamson

Likes # 0

I have been informed today from my router website that I have over 2,600 errors/faults in my registry going back three years.ie.As they state shown in the 'Event viewer,event20227,RasClient file'. Are you able to tell me what this actually means,please and what I need to do to rectify. I am a PC Advisor suscriber and have bween for betqween fifteen and twenty years.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

In Windows, when you put the computer into standby while it is using a connection, the computer goes into standby before the dial-up connection can be completely disconnected. Therefore, the disconnection process is complete only after the computer resumes from standby

Ie. nothing to worry about

Don't be frightened into downloading a dodgy reg cleaner that may do more harm than good.

The Registry tool in CCleaner is the only one I recommend as it doesn't do any harm and is the safest I know after using several over the years

Click on Registry Scan for issues - Fix selected issues - Fix all issues

do this a few times until it sops finding anything.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

U can download ccleaner from file hippo dot com, iuse it quite often but be warned it will delete your history of your web browser

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

'be warned it will delete your history of your web browser'

Only if you don't set it up correctly!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I use a number of 'registry cleaners' mainly for experimental purposes (which is not for the faint hearted), but I would also suggest CCleaner as a good and reasonably addition for computer 'clean-ups'.

Perhaps also worth a mention, trying various 'clean-up' programs, might lead to what is called 'false/positives' depending on the program and updates. So in actual fact, you might have 'problems' that are or not actually there. So some caution is required?.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If your pc is running satisfactorily then I would ignore your router's website. CCleaner as suggested is the only one I would use but I prefer the official site CCleaner for downloads.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Your first posting suggests to me, that this information came from a Pop-up. More than likely this is Scareware

If so, ignore it and run Malwarebytes.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

You can also get the Ccleaner enhancer which adds a lot more options and programs that it can clean.

Like this post
newilliamson

Likes # 0

Dear all contributors,

Thank you all very much for your advice given which all followed the same pathway.

I have done what advised and it has had a positive result with my computer.

Again, thank you.

Kind regards,

Norker.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers