We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Volume icon not showing on taskbar

ponytail

Likes # 0

Would anyone know why my volume control by the clock is sometime not there.Sometimes when I turn the PC on the icon is not there and othertimes it is there.It is not there now but when I right click on a blank space near the clock and then click on properties the volume icon says off but is not highlighted so am ubable to turn it on this happens on a regular basis.If i reboot my PC now can almost guarantee the volume icon will be there.Any ideas out there

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Also take a look here enter link description here

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Again northumbria61 clicked on notification area icons which took me into select whichi cons and notifications appear on the taskbar but volume control icon is not highlighted so cannot change anything it says speakers 40 per cent and under behaviors it says show icon and notifications.I have just returned home the volume icon was not there when I went out but it is there now after I turned PC back on

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Take notice of the last paragraph in that LINK I have sent you which says - If it keeps disappearing over and over again, you need to update the driver for your sound card. You can do this by going to the computer manufacturer’s web site and downloading it from there.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Take notice of the last paragraph in that LINK I have sent you which says - If it keeps disappearing over and over again, you need to update the driver for your sound card. You can do this by going to the computer manufacturer’s web site and downloading it from there.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer