We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Graphics Card - £150

joepineapples

Likes # 0

I've got a budget of £150 for a graphics card aimed at gaming, any recommendations please?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Need to know motherboard? CPU? What GPU you are using now and very important what wattage power supply you have?

Like this post
joepineapples

Likes # 0

Motherboard Dell 04GJJT, Processor AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor, GPU NVIDIA GeForce 310, Power standard 300w although I would upgrade this if necessary.

Like this post
joepineapples

Likes # 0

Bump

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Sorry I have come back to this question sooner.

Anyway your PSU will almost certainly not be enough for a decent GPU upgrade and you should never buy a cheapo power supply as it can cause all sorts of problems. You should be looking for something like 500W power supply. Have a look here,ignoring the one for 11 quid of course.

Which would leave you £100- £120 perhaps for a graphics card. Perhaps a HD6870 or a GTX470.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

Game of Thrones VFX work wins Emmy for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Ed Sheeran, Paolo Nutini, Kylie &...