We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Updates fail to install

Mack1

Likes # 0

I run Win 7 Home Premium with IE9.I am informed that there are 13 Windows updates to install but repeatedly get the message that installation has failed with Error Number 80246008. I have researched this error and downloaded a program called Error End.However,running this program reveals several hundred errors which I do not believe so uninstalled it. I would appreciate any help available to solve this very frustrating problem.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

This is the first time I've heard of Error End but a quick search reveals it to be a poor piece of software so I suggest you don't buy it and dump it.

In an attempt to fix your problem, I suggest you read this link and follow the advice given.

If you still have problems post back and we'll try to help further.

Like this post
terryr48

Likes # 0

I found the same problem with some updates, but you can just write the KB number down put it in google search and it will take you to microsoft web and you can manually download and install from there

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen