We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Youtube keeps sticking.

hiwatt

Likes # 0

Hi folks. While on Youtube the audio/video keeps sticking on my girlfriends computer.(Windows vista)The latest version of flash player/firefox is installed and it was doing it with the last few previous versions too?It gets really bad when using the mouse to scroll down etc.I've tried everything I can think of(including disabling flash's protected mode)It happens at all times of the day and she has a fast broadband connection speed so it's not that? Has anyone else experienced this and been able to find a cure?Thanks.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Are you refering to buffering? If this is the case, this used to happen to me when I had WinXP. To get round it, click 'Play' on the video and when the little round icon starts moving from left to right, hit the pause button. The icon will freeze, but you should see another lighter coloured line moving from behind it. Wait until it gets about half way across. Then hit the play button.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Or you could try this... Click Here

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

In case that link doesn't work...

http://www.ehow.com/how8461118fix-buffering-problems-windows-vista.html

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

No it's not "buffering" graphicool it's just sticking all the time.I seem to recall it started around the time flash player was updated from version 10 so think it might have something to do with that but don't want to run with an older vulnerable version of flash player installed?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration?

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Yes rdave tried that.It doesn't make a difference.Thanks.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

I have the same broadband speed/provider and don't have this problem on windows 7.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

When she updated 'Flash Player' did she get the right one for her OS and Browser?

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Yes Graphicoo1. I was curious to see if anyone on here had ever experienced the same problem as when googling it there seems to be quite a few that have experienced youtube audio sticking/jumping when using the mouse cursor but I can't find a cure for it?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Run task manager when viewing a video and see what is using the CPU.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...