We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lost my Hotmail error showing in calendar

eysha1

Likes # 0

I cannot get to sign into my hotmail as it tells me the following.

Windows Live mail could not be started. Your calender contains corrupt data that is forcing Windows live messenger to close. (0x8000400z)

How do i fix this problem? I even downloaded the programme again but no luck. Many thanks in advance. E. Will keep checking back for replies as i cannot get mail.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

A couple of things to try first...

1. Use System Restore to go back to a point before the problem existed.

2. Instead of using the Uninstall/re-install routine in Control Panel use the Repair Live Mail option instead.

If neither of those works there is another option by deleting the Calendar folder but you will need to know how to show Hidden Folders for that.

Like this post
eysha1

Likes # 0

Thanks Chub-tor, done all that so how do i find the hidden folder to delete the calendar? and is there only one calendar that i can delete, just so i don't mess up and delete soemthing i shouldn't. Thanks. E.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

seen it somewhere that hotmail is being replaced by outlook

Like this post
eysha1

Likes # 0

Maybe but i would like to get mine fixed now if possible. Thanks woodchip.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Did neither of the first two work?

To show hidden files go to Control Panel, Appearance & Personalisation, Folder Options, Show Hidden Files and Folders, you should then see a menu that you can scroll down and tick Show hidden files, folders and drives.

Now use Windows Explorer and go to Users (your username)>AppData>Local>Microsoft>Windows LiveMail and rename the Calendars folder (eg oldcalendars). Or you can delete the Calendars file.

Go back to the Desktop and see if LiveMail now opens. The calendar folder should be automatically remade but if not go back to Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall a program scroll down to Windows Live and choose Repair.

Let us know how you get on.

Like this post
eysha1

Likes # 0

Looked through all the windows stuff and cannot find a calendar anywhere.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

The calendar is hidden, did you first of all go to Folder Options to shown Hidden Files and Folders? If so did you find AppData?

Like this post
eysha1

Likes # 0

Yes, followed all your isntructions to the letter but couldn't find a calendar anywhere and i looked in all the folders. I even did a search for it too but no luck. I have tried the repair thing too and it didn't work. I am lost.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

What folders do you have in AppData? I have three - Local, LocaLow & Roaming.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do