We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sony TC 55 cassette recorder

Diemmess
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hoping that someone will recognise this nice almost pocketable recorder. Measures roughly, it is 13 X 9 x 4 cms. It is now showing its age presumably with belt/s now old and slackening.

Does anyone know of service manual downloads apart from the US of A? Or even taken one of this model apart?

It is nudging 40 years old yet is very miniaturised and well built. I've had one scary attempt at dismantling and realised in time that A- I wasn't getting anywhere, and B- I had a dozen tiny screws of differing lengths! If I try this again I will photograph every stage and label the print/s. Scouring the Net I' fairly sure I can buy suitable belt/s but need to get at the innards to measure.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

This is a great post. I don't like to simply throw things away either w/o having a go at repairing first. Sadly thought most new gadgets are not repairable.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September