We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Copy Video from disc to disc

ponytail

Likes # 0

My cousin in Australia has send me a DVD he made with his video camera showing where lives and his family.I ould like to send my brother in Spain a copy and I alsohave a brother in Manchester who would like to see it but what is the best way to make a couple of copies.Not sure what program to use as have never done this before

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

WHat DD burning software do you use?

Nero has a disk copy option nero here

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You could copy the DVD to your hard drive and then drag copies of it onto two flash drives if they have pc's. It is just a matter then for them to insert the usb drive into their pc's and drag the video onto their pc for playback with whatever media player they have.

Another alternative is something like Dropbox a cloud storage system. Each person has a Dropbox folder on their pc and whatever is placed in this folder is synchronised between them. Link here.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Meant to put a link to this information about Dropbox.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi difarn what is the procedure for copying to a hard drive but I would need to do a copy to a disc as my brother in Manchester does not have PC

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

ponytail, you need to tell us what programs you have already for disk copying as one of them may be all you need to burn a copy easily. If not, then we can make suggestions for downloading a freebie. After you have copied the dvd to your harddrive, it's very similar to the way you burnt your mp3s to a CD.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Guys sorry for being so long in coming back to you I do not have any programs for disc copying so if you know a decent freebie would be grateful for the info.If I could put it onto a hard hard then I could do one copy to a DVD and one copy onto a flash drive.Sounds simple I know and probably is to you guys but not to me.Thanks again

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

see my link to nero above

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Fruit Bat/\O/\ I installed ashampoo and I was able to copy from disc to disc using this program now going to try and see if I can burn a MP3 disc see my other post

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more