We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Burn MP3 music to disc

ponytail

Likes # 0

I have some music on my hard drive and would like to put it on a CD to play in the car.There is too much for a normal CD so would like to do it in a MP3 format disc can anyone suggest a program which would do this and is pretty straight forward as have not burned a MP3 format disc before

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Well, it works for me.....

When you added music files were they then listed in the pane at bottom right?

Have you looked in Windows Explorer to check contents of burned CD?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"Select cd burner xp, click on data disc ok, select folder where music is stored, highlighted all of them clicked on add. Check right recorder is selected then click on burn"

That's same as I do. Just a thought - you did expand the folder to show the .mp3 files and then highlight the .mp3 files in the right pane and then click on Add? They should then be listed in the bottom right pane as these are the files it burns.

Am wondering if you have burnt a Folder that contains the .mp3s inside it.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Another thought, have you ever burnt any cd/dvds in this drive on new Asus? If not it's possible that the drive is faulty (hardware)

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

ponytail Regarding using the cd burner xp,Its quite simple really. Have a look here.

....http://librarylab.wikidot.com/how-to-use-cdburnerxp

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Random thought, could it be the brand of CD-r that you are using, if you have any other brand you could try one of them.

"Check right recorder is selected then click on burn" 'cd burner xp' should have automatically recognised the drive and the type of disc you have put in it. It should tell you at bottom left that the disc is Empty (this is before you have clicked on Burn) Also have you changed the Burn Speed to a lower speed? I burn at 4x it takes a couple of minutes longer but is the most reliable.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Thanks for all the comments will looking at them all later but lotvic it is not the drive as I also have a external one and I get the problem there too

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi lotvic I have just put one of the discs that burnt to into my CD player and it plays ok all the tracks are on there so why does play on any other player and when I put into my home CD player it only shows one recording any ideas

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

If your burning it as an audio CD it will need finalising before it will play in another CD player if burning as a data disk the Masterfile format should play in other players as long as those players are capable of seeing MP3 files.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Apologies to all I feel like stupid PR*T the discs were fine all along I was trying to play a MP3 disc in my home CD player and of course it will not play MP3 discs.Just read Fruit Bats /\O/\ POST and the penny dropped went straight out to the car and put the disc into the cars CD player and it works fine as that player plays MP3 discs.And to think I threw away three discs when there was nothing wrong with them.What a day problem with the boiler and now dishwasher not working properly need to get someone out to sort it out.Better day tomorrow hopefully fingers crossed.Thanks for all the advise

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

ponytail, I'm just glad you got it sorted out and working :)

I was up early and waited all day for a new central heating radiator to be delivered... it hasn't come. Fitter is coming tomorrow morning to install it. Oh dear, hope it gets here before he does. Also got a hole in roof from the wild gales we had, when wind in certain direction it blows in and trickles down inside a stud wall behind the cooker. Spent last w/end crawling about in loft amid the 15" or more of fibre glass insulation with plastic and bowl to divert and catch the flow. Just an ordinary week really... (grin)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...