We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Burn MP3 music to disc

ponytail

Likes # 0

I have some music on my hard drive and would like to put it on a CD to play in the car.There is too much for a normal CD so would like to do it in a MP3 format disc can anyone suggest a program which would do this and is pretty straight forward as have not burned a MP3 format disc before

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Unless your car cd player has mp3 playback then you will not be able to play the burned CD.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

I guess the first question to ask is: are you certain your in-car CD player can handle .mp3 format files? Second: in what format is the music on your hard drive? I use a (free) program called FreeRIP, which is excellent, to convert to .mp3. Once you've done the conversion, it's just a simple task of buring the resting .mp3 files to a CD.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Chronos: great minds...

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Windows Media Player can rip to and burn mp3s to CD.

I usually rip to mp3 format. Windows Media Player | Tools | Options | Rip Music tab | and under 'Rip settings' choose mp3

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Chaps some answers to your question yes the player in the car can play MP3 discs as I checked that when I bought it,the files are in MP3 format lotvic just been into windows media player and cannot see these Tools | Options | Rip Music tab | and under 'Rip settings' choose mp3

I am using windows 7 if that helps

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Right click in the blue bar at the top of Windows media player where you see on the left Library,Music,All music. You will then get the necessary drop down with Tools ETC ETC. I have just done it myself and I have windows 7.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi chronos the 2nd have got as far as clicking on rip music tab but cannot see rip settings

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

If you files are already mpe you do not have to rip anything

My car layer will only see CDs not DVDs

Windows 7 CD burning

Insert a writeable CD or DVD into your computer's CD or DVD recorder.

In the dialog box that appears, click Burn files to data disc.

In the Burn a Disc dialog box, type a name for this disc, and then click Show formatting options.

Click Mastered, and then click Next.

An empty disc folder opens.

Open the folder that contains the mp3 files you want to burn, and then drag the files into the empty disc folder.

On the toolbar, click Burn to disc.

The selected files are copied to the disc. When the disc burning is complete, the disc burner tray will open and you can remove the disc. You can now use the disc in another computer or media device. This type of disc does not need to be closed.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\ I have inserted the blank CD into the drive I then get a box with various options which include Burn Data to CD/DVD using power 2go when I select that I get this error message The file language P2GRC.dill (is missing )please reinstall the application.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

What other options do you get?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room