We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Messenger to Skype. Anyone moved yet

tonyx1302

Likes # 0

Hello. I keep getting emails stating I have to move my Messenger a/c over to Skype by early April. As a simpleton where all thing computer are involved has anybody moved their account yet. If so was it painless and easy as I am very concerned about all my contacts, will people still be able to use my hotmail address,etc,etc, etc,etc ?

My desktop is/has been running so smoothly that I am loathe to change anything and am concerned that I will open up a whole new can of worms!

Any thoughts,comments or suggestions would be very gratefully received. I have checked with Google but am still unhappy to press the 'upgrade' now button on Messenger/Skype.

Thank you

Tony

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Like they say as from April there will be no Messenger so looks like there is no choice.

I have never tried Skype so cannot comment on it, I may have to use it myself if they also do away with Windows Live mail but I have not seen that mentioned yet.

Like this post
daxian

Likes # 0

hi .. moved about a month ago ...no problems do miss some aspects of messenger but as stated ,there is no option come april its a done thing .

Like this post
tonyx1302

Likes # 0

Thanks Jock1e & daxian. Any further comments out there please.

Tony

Like this post
Zeppelyn

Likes # 0

If you use Messenger often then from articles I've read the experience is going to be painful. Have a read of the link or google for other experiences. You could use things like Trillian etc. a little longer but not much.

http://winsupersite.com/messenger/microsoft-sticks-skype-shaped-dagger-messenger

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes