We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Correct Integrated Graphics Driver Win 7

KanedAndUnable

Likes # 0

Hi,

Can anyone please help me find the correct drivers for my integrated graphics card. I've recently upgraded Win XP to Win 7 (something I have been meaning to do for a while). The upgrade appears to have gone fine however there is an annoying 'lag' or 'judder' when scrolling a webpage or moving through pages of a folder for example. I suspect it's due to an outdated driver. My motherboard and CPU details are below:

Manufacturer Winfast Model K8M890-8237 Version
Serial Number WY9V62907006

Bridge North Bridge VIA K8M890CE Revision 00 South Bridge VIA VT8237 Revision 00

CPU Name AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+ Cpu Socket Socket AM2 (940) Max CPU Speed 3000MHz

Thanks in advance for any help,

Kane

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Approach with caution, but - does this help?

You may also have some joy with www.foxconnsupport.com - I think WinFast is a Foxconn brand.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Ian in Northampton , surprised you would give such a link. My first thought was to use device manager to search the web for driver. If that failed then using S.I.W. portable to define the GPU chip and then find the driver on the manufacturers site.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

A quick Google search brought this up Click Here it is for Win7 64bit.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

rdave13: well, I did say 'approach with caution'. And just because it's a Polish site doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. Using sites like that, though, is a function of how desperate you are... Or do you know for sure it's a bad site?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Ian in Northampton and chub_tor . We get the details of the mobo and CPU. If a bespoke machine then running SIW or Belarc will give clues to each component. If the machine is manufactured by the popular manufacturers then the drivers will be found there free of charge and will work. Up to KanedAndUnable now to reply to give details of the manufacturer of the PC.

Like this post
KanedAndUnable

Likes # 0

Thanks guys, the 2 links suggested were dead ends. just links to 3rd party driver updater software which i don't want to install.

It's a bespoke machine. I will install Belarc. Which information do you need from the report?

Cheers

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

SIW portable will be better. Look for gpu graphics card or monitor. SIW not compatible with 8 so can't help with the left hand tree.

Like this post
KanedAndUnable

Likes # 0

Video Adapter VIA Chrome9 HC IGP

Video Processor 56 00 49 00 41 00 20 00 43 00 68 00 72 00 6F 00 6D 00 65 00 39 00 20 00 48 00 43 00 20 00 49 00 47 00 50 00 00 00

Adapter DAC Type 49 00 6E 00 74 00 65 00 72 00 6E 00 61 00 6C 00 00 00

PCI ID 0x1106 / 0x3230 (VIA Technologies Inc / K8M890 [Chrome9] Integrated Video)

PCI sub ID 0x105B / 0x0C84 (Foxconn International Inc)

Memory 512 MBytes

BIOS Date 02/10/06

Driver Version 6.14.10.0057-15.13.10.14

DirectX DirectX 11

Driver Name S3gIGP.dll

Driver Description VIA Chrome9 HC IGP

Does this help?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Hands up. Can't find 8 compatible either. Typical of S3. Have a look here, might be worth your time.

http://softwaretopic.informer.com/via-chrome9-hc-igp-windows-8/

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...