We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dual boot help?

robbo1987
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just wondering if someone can help me? I've had a dual boot setup before on my pc however I want to do it on my laptop. I've probably done it the wrong way around. But I've installed windows 7 first then later decided I want to see how XP runs. I installed XP on a separate partition and it loaded, but then when I rebooted it would only load back into XP. So I used the win 7 repair disc and managed to load back into win 7 but there's no option to go into XP now.

I've loaded boot manager in msconfig whilst on win7 and there is only one option which is for windows 7. how can I add the XP installation to the boot config?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You have to use XP boot Manager

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

When Booting does it go strait to 7?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try here.

Like this post  
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post
robbo1987

Likes # 0

Thanks for the replys, Sorted the problem using easyBCD.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Glad to see the home version is still free and you're sorted. Was a time that BCD was nearly a paid for program.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room